“I’m Prempreet, and I am a computer science student going into my third year of university. My parents immigrated to…
Volunteer with us
Without the help of our benevolent volunteers, CBFY wouldn’t be as successful at helping immigrant and refugee families integrate and settle into their new communities and adapt to Canadian culture.
By volunteering with us, you’ll help extend the capacity of our services, allowing us to welcome more students into our programs. Your contributions will make stronger communities where neighbours support one another and where they are accepting of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
Benefits of volunteering:
- Learn about new cultures and share your own
- Exercise Canadian hospitality
- Expand your social circle and get to know more people in your community
- Practice English
We also offer One-on-One Tutoring Program. This program aims to support participants with their educational development in which highly qualified volunteers play an integral role. We offer students individualized and customized free academic support provided by volunteer tutors that engage with clients at least once per week in a virtual setting.
- Youth are able to complete their homework during the timelines expected by the school.
- Youth are able to understand the Canadian school system as they are receiving instruction on how to navigate it in their language
- Youth have achieved the learning outcomes of the academic units and are able to continue their integration into their school communities successfully.
If you are interested in making a contribution to the settlement and integration of new immigrant and refugee youth and their families, please contact Dinesh Koirala, Volunteer Resources Coordinator:
Work phone 403-230-7745, cell 403-470-9306, email@example.com
Our current volunteer needs
Afterschool Program Volunteers
- Bridge Club Program Assistant
- NxtGen Junior High Program Assistant
- NxtGen Sr. High Tutor Assistant
- Homework Club Tutor Assistant
- Afterschool Summer Program Assistant
Mentorship Program Volunteers
Settlement Workers in Schools Program Volunteers
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-470-9306.
Volunteer of the Month Spotlight
“My journey here started nervously. I have volunteered in the past but have never actually tutored someone. I have had…
“Hi, my name is Katherine Bentley. I am currently going into my third year at University of Calgary where I…
“Hi, my name is Keerthana Chockalingam. I’m currently a second-year Health Science student at the University of Calgary where I’m…